The MAD cowl is the most popular compact anti downdraught cowl on the British market.
The reasons for this are that its compact and aerodynamic shape allows it to combat downdraught. Alongside this, the M.A.D cowl features a drainage system designed to divert rainwater away from the pot when in use, whilst the internal stainless steel birdguard prevents birds leaves and vermin entering the chimney. As with all M.A.D cowls, the quality on offer surpasses that of equivalent inferior models being offered elsewhere.
• Highly effective in preventing downdraught
• No special tools required when fitting
• Compact design which allows it to be fitted side by side where space between chimney pots is restricted
• Sold complete with stainless steel strap fixing kit
• Stainless steel birdguard (recommended removal for use with coal or wood)
• Has a test certificate to BSEN 1856-1:2003 and BSEN 1443:2003
• Height 140mm Width 310mm
• Suitable for pot sizes up to 300mm
• Withstands flue temperatures up to 200°C